Monday 15 July 2013

Rick Delanty's plein air kit

I love looking at the kit people take out with them - and am even more impressed when they do an annotated drawing for us all of what it entails. Below is the kit of one artist and at the end is an invitation for you to show me what your kit looks like.

Below is the annotated drawing of a photo of the plein air kit of Rick Delanty. Rick says
taking only what you need into the field is a challenge!

Annotated drawing of Rick Delanty's plein air kit
and this is the photo of the kit proper

Rick Delanty's plein air kit
You can see Rick's paintings at Rick J. Delanty Fine Art.  For 32 years. Rick taught high school drawing and painting at San Clemente High in San Clemente CA.  He retired in 2006 and became a full time landscape painter.  Artists who have influenced him include Monet, Winslow Homer, Van Gogh, James Whistler, and contemporary landscape painters April Gornik and Neil Welliver. Rick is a member of the California Art Club, the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, and Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA). His blog is called The Color of God.

Below you can see Rick Delanty painting in California.

Rick Delanty plein air painting

Show me your plein air kit


If you've got a well organised kit and would like to share your choices and approach to plein air kit assembly with other artists on this blog, send me a URL link to a blog post or website page which include an annotated drawing (or photo) of what you take with you when you go painting landscapes plein air!  Any explanation for your choices is also welcome.

This is how to contact me.



2 comments:

angela j simpson said...

What a lot of kit! I like to travel light - I'm doing a blogpost shortly on my kit, but for now here's my lastest blog with a cartoon in which you can see my little pochade and bag!
http://angelajsimpson.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/learning-to-paint-en-plein-air.html

Making A Mark said...

send me a link to a blogpost when you've worked out the kit you need.