Tuesday 27 July 2010

David Curtis - Light Effects in Watercolour



Light Effects in Watercolour is the third YouTube video this week by landscape artist David Curtis.  Every time I watch him work in watercolour I see things he does that I do when I sketch - which makes me feel very comfortable watching his style of painting.  Which means that his way of making marks on paper in watercolour makes me think I should give watercolour another chance

I'm also finding it very illuminating to see just how watery his palette is and how big his brushes are!

This short video (2.43 minutes) comments on the treatment of light effects in watercolour - the importance of developing lost and found edges and the use of masking fluid.  The boldness of the way he floods the paper while reserving lights will be energising to more people than just me!

No comments: