Sunday 9 January 2011

The Virtual Paintout is in Boston, Massachusetts

The award-winning art blog The Virtual Paintout is in Boston, Massachusetts this month.  The area is basically everything inside the 128 / 95

Map of Boston Massachusetts - everything inside the ring road Highways 95 / 128

I passed through Boston a couple of times on my visit to New England in 2006 and remember that most of the time I had my eyes glued to the traffic signs to make sure I navigated my way round "the big dig" and got to and from the airport without going in the wrong direction!

However I also stopped in the middle of Boston and went to see an exhibition about artists sketchbooks at the Fogg Museum and walked through Harvard Yard.

I've just discovered through trying to find it again on the map that the Harvard Art Museums have a major construction project underway to "facilitate the centralization of the collections, galleries, and curatorial staff of the Fogg Museum, the Busch-Reisinger Museum, and the Arthur M. Sackler Museum in one state-of-the-art facility" at 32 Quincy Street.

Think I might go and try and find the Boston Museum of Fine Art instead.........

Instructions on how to participate can be found on Bill's blog - see Boston - January 2011

No comments: